janmashtmi special krishna

janmaashtmi special



I have been lost O’ Kanha, for many a millennium 
Roaming the farthest universes, eon after eon
From galaxy to galaxy, from planet to planet
Searching in vain, countless lives I have spent

At long last, I've come to your door today
And stand askance in the entryway
My frantic heart tired of being apart
My yearning soul begging for union at last

No longer, O’ Krishna, now make me wait
Undo that latch and open that gate
Hold out your hand, pull me in embrace
Oh! Shower me this moment with your grace

Gather me to yourself, into your fold
Leave not a thing, Oh! Take me all! 
Not one wee finger, not a wisp of hair
Omit nothing today from your gentle care

Let not escape, one heartbeat or one thought
You must gather them all, and leave naught
Away from you to wither and disperse
Falling back into the endless universe

So take me completely, Kanha, or take none
Don't send me back in pieces, broken, undone

0 comments:

Post a Comment